Sunday, November 3

I AM BUT A GIRL, NOTHING MORE


I am drowning in the darkness in my heart
Lost to the confusion of having to be strong when I feel so weak
So helpless and alone through it all
I need a hand in mine to guide me forward
To show me that through all my pain I will matter still
For now I find myself with tears pouring down my cheeks
I cannot find the strength tonight to find a smile
I do as I always have and wear the mask of contentment
Too many need me to be there for them and I fear I have none at times
People think they know me but they have no idea of the truth
I can smile when the world falls around me 
But tonight as the dust settles, I sink to my knees
I am tired
Tired of having to be something I fear I am not
The walls I have so painstakingly built around me for so long lies in ruins
I do not feel I can build them again without the help of those who give me their love
To stand alone brings me safety but insecurity within my heart
I shall try to be who they wish me to be for it is not who I myself see in the mirror
I am a ghost, a player in a game I do not wish to be in
Yet like a prisoner trapped within their very mind
I know no other way to survive
If you see me and you know the look I wear is not my own
I beg thee, pull me back and save me
I do not wish to be anything more than who I am 
Who I am supposed to be 
I am but a girl, nothing more and I break so easily

No comments:

Post a Comment