Tuesday, May 22

I DARED TO GIVE UP

 
It was the time I thought I failed
The time I was finally ready to give up on my dreams
Dreams, which no one else would have the courage to imagine
Nor would anyone ever have the wits to envision

It was the time when I was virtually at the end of my rope
And was barely a second away from leaving the burden of my fabled dreams
Dreams, which exceeded the limits of absurdity
Frantically meaning that they were beyond insanity

It was the time I was ultimately ready to be tagged as a quitter
Giving up on my very own dreams which I grew up on
Dreams, which were unerringly drama free
And were bounded merely by means of wholesome creativity

It was the time I was willing to let go of my childishness
 By means of losing the hold on the leash which connected me with my dreams
Dreams, which I happily dreamt
Throughout the day and at night when I peacefully slept

But one thing I understood was that it was high time
To let go of the beautiful dreams
Dreams, which would never have a spot in the alien world
Where sooner or later I have to step in
With more sensible thoughts
Emancipated from any reckless notions

So here I stand
Eventually struggling to abandon my dreams
Dreams, which one day will surely come true
As I am leaving them for the time being
Till that remarkable day comes
Where I don’t have to worry even if the whole humanity was judging me
And that one day I will dare to dream big again
Like I use to do now
And swollen with pride I would hold my head high in the air
And say  ‘I dared to give up’

No comments:

Post a Comment